My first ever Quilling!

Hi friends! hope you all are fine.. Though I've been into lot of crocheting lately, i do like to try something new for a change at times.. That's how i came across Quilling.. i was fascinated by this wonderful paper art and had a doubt if i could ever learn them..

Determined to give it a try, i was faced with some problems like a) I don't have any Quilling tool b) no quilling paper and c) not to mention, even a color sheet :(

But that's not a problem for a girl on mission right?  I patiently cut A4 sheets (the only paper that i had at home) into small strips and after looking at some quilling videos, i finally made one!




I painted the background with purple as it would make the white pop out compared to plain white
background... The difficult part was sticking them to the background surface.




I guess it's pretty okay for first time.. what do you think?

7 comments

  1. Quilling out of A4 sheet?The outcome's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very pretty Anitha. i am also fascinated by the paper art and used to watch videos on quilling. I once tried using chart paper but it didn't come out well. thanks for the idea of using A4 paper. i will try it out in my free time.

    www.shamiatcraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you shami.. charts are slightly stiff to roll or to form many shapes.. I've heard that quilling paper is only a little bit thicker than A4 paper.. so do give it a try and i would love to see what you made out of it :)

      Delete
  3. Your work is fine Anita.... Thanx for following me... I am following back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is incredible! I have seen some beautiful quillings before - but this is seriously your first one?!? Amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Update cookies preferences